The REP Conference Board invites applications for the 2021 REP Conference Travel Awards to support student travel to the XI REP in Baltimore, MD. REP will offer a limited number of registration waivers ($150) and travel grants to students ($300) in support of attendance. Preference will be given to applicants who are traveling from outside of the Baltimore area.
Deadline: August 15, 2021
- Submission of cover letter explaining need for travel support;
- Submission of an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at REP Baltimore 2021;
- All awardees must provide a home address (necessary for REP funding reporting obligations)
- US awardees must supply a US social security number to the REP Treasurer before receiving the award (necessary for REP funding reporting obligations).
Extended abstracts (less than 1,000 words) will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature;
- Clearly described research design;
- Cogent description of results or findings;
- Compelling discussion of results or findings.
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the committee chair. Awardees will be notified by August 31, 2021. The award winners will be recognized at the closing gala dinner and on the REP website.
If you are selected for the Student Travel Award, you will be sent instructions to register for the conference using a waiver. If you paid for conference registration, your $150 student registration will be refunded in full without any processing fees or penalties. You will receive a $300 travel reimbursement stipend at the completion of the conference.
All applications should be submitted using the form below no later than August 1, 2021 and should include the following items:
- All the information required on the form below
- Cover letter
- An extended abstract of fewer than 1,000 words.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with all the details of your application.
Arch Social Club entrance, Baltimore