May 15th, 2023 extended to May 29th 2023
Awardees will be notified by July 1st, 2023
A small number of Early Career Scholar Awards are given to outstanding graduate students and adjunct or tenure-track scholars who have an active research interest in the conference themes. The Award provides a strong professional development opportunity for early career academics—meeting experts in the field, interacting with colleagues from other parts of the world, and creating networks and lasting connections. Awardees are invited to attend the conference to present their work, with the option to organize and/or participate in themed sessions or panels. They will also receive professional development mentoring from top scholars in the field through participation in a 1-day pre-conference workshop.
Early Career Scholars will receive free registration, subsidized hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and special recognition on the website and in the conference program. Awardees must arrive the day before the conference (Tuesday, October 10, 2023), attend the 1-day mentorship workshop on Wednesday, October 11th, and actively participate in the entire conference (October 12-14th).
Eligibility: Applications are open to untenured early career faculty, graduate students and recent post-graduates. Applicants should register for the conference as soon as possible, to take advantage of early registration and student pricing. If you are selected for the Early Career Award, your registration will be refunded in full without any processing fees or penalties and you will receive free lodging at the conference hotel.
- Register for REP XII 2023
- Submit a cover letter explaining your research interests, where you are in your career stage, how this award would further your career goals, and what topics would most be of most interest in a professional development workshop;
- Submit an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at REP XII 2023
Extended abstracts (less than 1,000 words) will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question/objective situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature;
- Clearly described research design;
- Cogent description of results or findings;
- Compelling discussion of results or findings.
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the committee chair. Awardees will be notified by July 1, 2023. The award winners will be recognized at the on the REP website and in the conference program.
For more information or questions regarding this workshop, please contact Elizabeth Chacko (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marie Price (email@example.com).
To apply, please fill out the form below.
Mural by Tracie-Ching.